30-xml-utils-procs.tcl

  • last updated 8 hours ago
Constraints
Constraints: committers
 
Constraints: files
Constraints: dates
improve spelling

  1. … 15 more files in changeset.
use same idioms for checking for exising commands

  1. … 5 more files in changeset.
Whitespace changes

Explain better why is not easy to get rid of this library

Give a proper documentation to xml_* api

merged changes from the oacs-5-9 branch and resolved conflicts

  1. … 7834 more files in changeset.
- add editor hints to keep spaces/tabs in the furture more consistent

  1. … 754 more files in changeset.
Normalizing string comparison operations into tcl 8.4 operations, enabling byte-code compilation for expressions and many conditionals

  1. … 367 more files in changeset.
Added tdom set attribute wrapper

xpath wrapper function

xpath wrapper function

- documented difference between -edit_request and -select_query. Fix bug #746

  1. … 1 more file in changeset.
-Replaced nsxml with tDOM (http://tdom.org), a much faster & richer XML parser, and XSLT and XPath processor.

  1. … 3 more files in changeset.
merging Don's ns_xml fixes on the 4-6 branch onto head (-j 1.4.4.3)

Migrated over changes to move some GIF resources into a common subdirectory

in the subsite package, so anyone who can read the main site can read

the images (previously you had to grant read privs to "/doc" explicitly

to get the graphics stored by acs-datetime to show up.

  1. … 38 more files in changeset.
Upgrade to 4.6.2

  1. … 30 more files in changeset.
Workaround for new and old nsxml modules.

  1. … 1 more file in changeset.
A bunch of things

1. AOLserver 4.0's nsxml appears to expose a gcc bug which causes the

backwards-compatible "getattr" command to fail. I dug around nsxml

and it does appear to be a gcc bug. I changed to the proper nsxml v2

syntax.

2. In the course of exploring #1 above, I realized that the calls to

dom:: Tcl XML package commands were still being executed despite

being commented out. Typical Tcl misunderstanding on someone's part.

Net effect: we were parsing all APM .info files twice, once in Tcl

and once in ns_xml! Yuk!

3. Fixed a minor notifications bug - you couldn't delete a notification

request if any unsent notifications were pending, causing the homework

package to bomb if you deleted an uploaded homework file and the prof

hadn't yet received their notification.

4. Fixed an obscure corner case in my permissions denormalization code.

  1. … 15 more files in changeset.
applied patches 130,131,132,133,134,135,137

  1. … 7 more files in changeset.

- changed the XML parsing throughout to go through a simplified API to later upgrade XML parsing in a central place.

- updated support for ns_xml 1.4, and added work-arounds for previous versions.

- added installer check for ns_xml compatibility at boot time.

  1. … 3 more files in changeset.

first attempt at doing XML parsing using ns_xml instead of the Tcl XML stuff. Not sure yet if this is faster, although we expect that it will be. Note also that there seems to be a bug right now in ns_xml where an XML comment will screw things up, so I've added a quick prepare function that takes out comments before XML parsing... I'm not happy about that.

  1. … 1 more file in changeset.

Moved the bootstrap and installer stuff into their own mini-package, which

let me clean up the loading of acs-tcl a bit and isolate all the bits of

APM-knowledge required in the pre-acs-tcl bootstrapping process into a single

apm file. In general, bootstrap.tcl is cleaner and easier to read.

    • -0
    • +28
    ./30-xml-utils-procs.tcl
  1. … 37 more files in changeset.