• last updated 58 mins ago
Constraints: committers
Constraints: files
Constraints: dates
Renaming of files so they are loaded after 00-icanuse-procs.tcl

  1. … 7 more files in changeset.
improve spelling

  1. … 1 more file in changeset.
merged changes from the oacs-5-9 branch and resolved conflicts

  1. … 7834 more files in changeset.
.xql-file reform of acs-tcl (part 3)

- remove obsolete queries












- remove obsolete files










  1. … 22 more files in changeset.
- add editor hints to keep spaces/tabs in the furture more consistent

  1. … 754 more files in changeset.
merge of 4.6.3b1 to HEAD

  1. … 107 more files in changeset.
Completed db_* api multi-database support. Can now use db api for

both Oracle and PostgreSQL at the same time.

    • -966
    • +5
  1. … 3 more files in changeset.
Added base multi-db support to the db_* API.

    • -69
    • +95
  1. … 6 more files in changeset.
Changed nextval to return an error if neither the sequence nor view hack


A bunch of things

1. AOLserver 4.0's nsxml appears to expose a gcc bug which causes the

backwards-compatible "getattr" command to fail. I dug around nsxml

and it does appear to be a gcc bug. I changed to the proper nsxml v2


2. In the course of exploring #1 above, I realized that the calls to

dom:: Tcl XML package commands were still being executed despite

being commented out. Typical Tcl misunderstanding on someone's part.

Net effect: we were parsing all APM .info files twice, once in Tcl

and once in ns_xml! Yuk!

3. Fixed a minor notifications bug - you couldn't delete a notification

request if any unsent notifications were pending, causing the homework

package to bomb if you deleted an uploaded homework file and the prof

hadn't yet received their notification.

4. Fixed an obscure corner case in my permissions denormalization code.

  1. … 15 more files in changeset.
Lars added proc util_get_current_url. Removing updates of nsv apm_library_mtime that now happen in apm_source proc. Removing proc apm_mark_packages_for_bootstrap that was used to avoid server restart after package installation (we are now requiring server restart). Moving flushing of package_installed_p cache to happen at end of apm_package_install proc instead of the beginning. Adding parameter PermissionCacheTimeout that determines the lifetime of the permissions cache.

  1. … 7 more files in changeset.
Added examples to db_exec_plsql and db_nextval's api-doc and changed proc_doc to ad_proc.

    • -16
    • +107
put error lines into the error log since for some reason they are not displayed on install

merge Don file copy/fconfigure -binary fixes from head

  1. … 3 more files in changeset.
Switched to "file copy" ...

  1. … 7 more files in changeset.
merge bartt PG 7.3 fixes from HEAD

  1. … 54 more files in changeset.
Patches to make OpenACS PG 7.3 compatible.

  1. … 54 more files in changeset.
merge from oacs-4-6

  1. … 130 more files in changeset.
avoid lots of missing FROM-clause messages bug 1550/patch 262 Carsten Clasohm

cleanup javadoc tags (eg @cvs_id @cvs @cvs-id: instead if @cvs-id)

  1. … 692 more files in changeset.
reduced debug output by setting log level to QDDebug in several logging stmts

  1. … 1 more file in changeset.
db_nextval further modified to be more compact, and logging set to the debug level

hacked db_nextval to take both standard PG sequences and view-hack sequences into account

The bindvar emulation for db_exec_plpgsql now calls DoubleApos on the

values ...

Made the datasource "::dbname" function the same as


Changed the representation of tree_sortkeys from "text" to "bit varying".

  1. … 62 more files in changeset.

1. Fixed a boneheaded error in the bootstrapper: "AvailablePool" was being

submitted to a case-sensitive check. Of course AOLserver parameters are


2. A recently submitted patch to the db routine that PSQL's source broke

the code if you haven't started postmaster with the "-i" option.

3. Bboard was very, very slow in PG. It is now much faster.

  1. … 3 more files in changeset.

Installed some patches:

1. Request processor was losing the port portion of the URL in some cases.

2. OpenACS 4 couldn't cope with a PG database that was password-protected

3. Didn't work with nsopenssl

Also I removed references to currency.sql from acs-lang (this is now part

of the references package)

  1. … 4 more files in changeset.

1. changed db_qd_log to use the passed-in level rather than gluing things

to "Debug" for convenience. I then changed all the "Notice" calls to

"Debug". Then my one "Error" call I added worked! :) If a query file

has a syntax error in it now, an error is logged to the server log but

bootstrapping continues.

2. Lots and lots or etp oracle fixes and some PG version clean-ups

3. Some file-storage files were unconventionally named.

  1. … 17 more files in changeset.

Fixed db_blob_get for PG, and got rid of db_continue_transaction, which we

can no longer support because PG automatically aborts a transaction after an


  1. … 4 more files in changeset.